-
Cleveland officials, the police monitoring team and U.S. Department of Justice appeared in federal court Thursday for an update on the consent decree.
-
The ArtCraft building is the third proposed site for the Cleveland Division of Police's new headquarters. The new location is expected to save more than $50 million from the previously approved site along Opportunity Corridor,
-
Bibb's plan would reduce the number of open positions in the Cleveland Division of Police by 142. Public Safety Director Karrie Howard told councilmembers the city has been unable to fill all the empty spots in the budget for years.
-
Cleveland's Office of Professional Standards found that officers in the specialized, hotspot policing N.I.C.E. Unit were not properly uploading their body camera footage for years.
-
The Civilian Police Review Board upheld two Group 3 charges against Sgt. Lance Henderson, which both carry at least 10-day suspensions, with termination possible.
-
Under Michael O'Malley, the prosecutor's office began collecting information on police officer misconduct and automatically turning that information over to defense.
-
The project is expected to wrap in 2025 and will house all of the Cleveland PD.
-
Bibb chose Leigh Anderson, an assistant professor with experience working on police oversight in several cities, to lead the office.
-
Activists say Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb did not follow the charter amendment that created the new Community Police Commission when he chose the members.
-
The federal judge overseeing police reforms under a federal consent decree with Cleveland, Solomon Oliver, said "while the city has made substantial progress, it has not yet achieved substantial and effective compliance at this time."